College Application Essays that Get Results
If you are in the process of applying for college admission, you probably know the “drill.” You get online, complete the generic informational application form, gather your test scores and your transcripts, and then settle in to write that pesky college application essay. Dependent upon the institution, you may have more than one to compose, each with a specific prompt.
The purpose for the college and/or scholarship application essay is to give the decision-makers a bit more insight into who you are as a person. You will need to be creative and stunning in your presentation, so that you become memorable - someone they want to meet! Writing a generic common application essay will not suffice!
The application essay format will follow that of any academic essay – an introduction, a body, and a conclusion. At this point, however, the similarity will end, for this piece of writing will need to be exceptional. Consider a few tips:
- Brainstorm a list of all of your achievements, activities, acquired values, etc. that relate to the prompt you are given. Refine the list to 3-4 items related specifically to the topic;
- Each of your items will be the topic of a body paragraph. Do NOT write a treatise here. Three or four paragraphs plus your introduction and conclusion will be all they want to read;
- Begin your introduction with a short, simple, and impactful sentence. You need to grab attention immediately;
- Use experiences and events that have impacted/influenced you the most. You will put more of yourself into these, and this is what they want to see;
- Find a unique way to package your essay, along with other applicant materials. Preparing a bound booklet shows that you have put forth effort.
The college application essay is probably the most important piece of writing you have created thus far in your life. If you are wavering in your confidence, you may want to look for application essay help. There are large numbers of custom online essay services that provide assistance, whether you need yours polished or a complete one written from scratch. Proceed with caution, for there are many that would tempt you to buy for a cheap essay price. Find a professional service with a solid reputation.